Data post-processing on board THALASSA
Connected to a different ethernet channel from that for real time, the post-processing equipement can gather the acquired data using two modes :
- by computer to computer file transfer,
- by re-reading data produced by the archiving station TS-ARCHIV.
Scientific post-processing server and linked stations :
The server is the main computer for data post-processing on board the vessel. It's made up of :
- UNIX server with 128 Mo of memory,
- 50 Go of disk,
- exabyte 5 GO,
- digital optical disks 1 / 4 ( 5.2 Go ),
It contains a full environment to maintain the software and the librairies used on board THALASSA and to produce reports :
- compilers : C, FORTRAN,
- graphic librairies : XRT, ILOG Views,
- cartographic librairies : CARTOLIB,
- documentation : FRAMEMAKER,
- network : X25, TCP / IP, NFS,
- office : WINWORD, ACCES, EXCEL, ...
- real time : VxWORKS.
Two UNIX workstations and four PC are linked to this server, and can use various software developed by Ifremer
- FISHVIEW : fisheries research data Geographic Information System :
- various sensor data import into ArcView format,
- previous cruise data import,
- data display of maps, tables and diagrams,
- data post-processing and validation,
- map production.
- MOVIES+ : post-processing of fishing echosounder data (acronym for MOdule de Visualisation , d'Intégration d'Echos et de Stockage) :
- any kind of sounder,
- classification of shoals,
- detection of wrecks or other obstacles on the seabed,
- detection des ruptures de fonds.
Office computer :
On board THALASSA, users have a PC server based on WINDOWS. It provides file transfer possibilities with UNIX workstations and office tools like WINWORD, EXCEL, ACCESS.