Data post-processing on board L'ATALANTE
Connected by a different network channel than that for real time, the post-processing equipment can gather measurements acquired, using two modes :
- by computer to computer file transfer,
- by log readers from the recording system.
Post-processing scientific server and linked stations :
This system is the ship's main post-processing computer, composed of :
- UNIX server with 512 Mo memory,
- 150 Go disk space,
- 5 GO exabyte,
- 5 1/4 inch digital optical disk ( 5.2 Go ),
Contains all the software packages and libraries necessary for the various applications :
- compiler : C++, C, FORTRAN,
- graphics : XRT, ILOG Views,
- cartography : CARTOLIB++,
- documentation : FRAMEMAKER,
- network : TCP / IP, NFS,
- office : WORD, ACCESS, EXCEL, ...
- real time: VxWORKS.
Four UNIX workstations and four PC and Macs are linked to this server.
This configuration contains all ship application software :
- TRINAV : navigation process
- TRIMEN :TERMES archived raw data processing .
- CARAIBES : examination and visualization of multibeam data.
On board L'ATALANTE, users have a PC/WINDOWS-type server. It provides file transfer possibilities with UNIX workstations and a Macintosh server.